- Enoha restaurant Lake Como, environment and atmosphere
- Enoha restaurant menu
- What did we eat at Enoha Restaurant?
- Our choice between appetizers
- What first courses did we order from Enoha restaurant?
- Our choice among second courses
- We end the dinner with desserts
- Coffee and Bill
- How to get to the Enoha Restaurant
- Our review
One evening in December we went to the Enoha restaurant which recently opened here in Como.
The cuisine features sea fish dishes. But you won’t regret it anyway if you order a duck breast or vegan pappardelle with chestnut flour.
The restaurant is large and also hosts private events. It is suitable for groups and couples, from lunch to an aperitif and from dinner to post-dinner.
The owners’ idea it’s to combine food with art. Art is expressed with the temporary exhibitions and performances that entertain customers during dinner.
Enoha restaurant Lake Como, environment and atmosphere
The restaurant from the outside is very minimal: no lights and no frills, simply the entrance with a small sign.
Once inside, the impact you have is strong because you find yourself immediately in the main room of the restaurant.
In the background, a huge screen on which videos are projected and which contrasts the stage where the artists perform.
The whole thing is very fascinating and truly special. We are sure that there are no other places like this in the area.
Enoha restaurant menu
* N.B. The menu refers to the 2018/2019 winter offer *
The menu at first glance is very interesting.
Enoha restaurant appetizers
- Oysters Plateau
- Sea carpaccio consisting of marinated tuna, swordfish and home-smoked salmon pineapple veils, homemade jams prepared with figs and green tomatoes;
- Octopus confit on classic chickpea Hummus;
- Shrimp Tartare;
- Baked porcini mushrooms fillets;
- Plateau of meats and cheeses and jams of the house of the Lombard tradition
- An unconventional Beef tartare
- Spaghetti with anchovies, bottarga and smoked pepper;
- Black strips of stewed fish;
- Lemon tagliolini with purple gallipoli prawns, fresh cherry tomatoes and salicornia
- Vegetarian risotto with Abbot pears and sweet Putignano scamorza cheese;
- Vegan pappardelle with chestnut flour flavored with woods;
- Maltagliati pasta with pork sausage on a Putignano scamorza fondue;
- Apulian burrata cheese caskets with bronte pistachio pesto.
- Confit codfish on citrus parmentier cream;
- Seared bluefin tuna with aubergines and peppers gazpacho;
- Mixed fried and sea paranza: squid, prawns and fresh fish;
- Salted purple gallipoli prawns;
- Fresh catch of the day: Cooking: stew, grill, foil, salt or au gratin
- Milanese veal cutlet;
- Duck breast with dried fruit caramelized with orange;
- Sliced spiced red count beef;
- Paris coffee beef fillet with 25 spices.
- The Salentina: green salad, rocket, Greek black olives, goat cheese, cherry tomatoes;
- Cesar salad: chicken, lettuce, toasted bread, Grana Padano cheese, garlic, vinegar, lemon and pepper;
- Enoha: cherry tomatoes, Grana Padano cheese, balsamic vinegar, garlic.
- 5 classic pizzas (margherita, napoli, bufalina, quattro formaggi, capricciosa)
- Special pizzas:
- Caprini di Montevecchia: tomato, mozzarella, cheeses, Montevecchia goats;
- Enoha: Homemade mozzarella, marinated tuna carpaccio, salmon carpaccio and swordfish;
- Pesto and wild boar: Tomato, Mozzarella, Wild boar ragout, pesto, Parmigiano Reggiano cream;
- Valtellina: Tomato, Mozzarella, Porcini Mushrooms, Bresaola della Valtellina.
- Elisir: home-smoked salmon, Apulian stracciatella, artisan jam from Tropea onion, pineapple carpaccio, chili peppers.
- Sea rock: seared octopus, tropea red onion, fennel carpaccio, mixed salad, olive paté, rocket, rosemary oil
- Byzantine: golden chicken breast, tzatziki sauce, fig jam, salad, tomato, fresh, basil oil.
- Vegan: seared aubergines and peppers, grilled seitan flavored with Mediterranean spices, salad, fresh tomato, rosemary oil.
- Enoha: beef burger, mixed salad, grilled radicchio, seared peppers, sweet provolone, enoha sauce.
- Nougat mousse with chopped hazelnuts;
- Creamy semifreddo with pistachio;
- Pasticciotto cake;
- Orange cheesecake;
- Fresh fruit with ice cream.
What did we eat at Enoha Restaurant?
We have been at Enoha restaurant more than once so, we had the opportunity to taste different dishes on the menu.
Our choice between appetizers
As an appetizer we chose to taste:
- Sea carpaccio:
- Confit Octopus and Beef Tartare.
Three very inviting dishes already on the look because they are presented very well.
Sea carpaccio is a trio of marinated tuna, swordfish and smoked salmon with pineapple, fig jam and green tomatoes.
The fish is very fresh and goes very well with the flavors of the fruit.
The Octopus confit is a dish that we have already had the opportunity to taste in some of its variations proposed by Trattoria XXVII Maggio and at the Breeze Inn restaurant.
In this case it was served cooked at low temperature with chickpea hummus and extra virgin olive oil flavored with rosemary.
Finally, the beef tartare is of good quality, very delicate and not overly seasoned.
What first courses did we order from Enoha restaurant?
As first courses we ordered:
- anchovy spaghetti;
- lemon tagliolini with purple prawns;
- vegetarian risotto with pears and scamorza;
- vegan pappardelle.
All the pasta that is served by Enoha restaurant is bronze drawn. This type of procedure requires that the dough be passed through a bronze die.
What is the benefit? The pasta is more porous and rough and able to better trap seasonings.
Spaghetti with anchovies, garlic, oil and chilli pepper with mullet roe and smoked pepper cream are very tasty, perhaps even a little too much.
Flavor of anchovies and bottarga is very strong, a dish therefore suitable for those who love strong flavors and salty.
On the other side, lemon tagliolini with purple prawns, fresh cherry tomatoes and salicornia (sea asparagus) are more delicate. The tasty sauce that accompanies them, deserves a sacrosanct shoe!
The other two courses, as specified in the menu, are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Risotto with scamorza and pears is a classic in the kitchen (don’t let the farmer know how good the cheese with pears is!).
Pappardelle with chestnut flour and cardoncelli mushrooms, a simple winter dish is appreciated, especially by those who love mushrooms.
Cardoncelli are very fleshy mushrooms that grow spontaneously in some Italian regions such as Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria, Sardinia and some provinces of Lazio and Sicily.
Our choice among second courses
As seconds we tasted:
- the Confit codfish;
- duck breast.
The aniseed flavored codfish on potato and lemon cream is very delicate and goes well with the proposed ingredients. The strong point of this restaurant is its fish.
The duck breast is served with a classic pairing, that is, with dried fruit caramelized with orange.
Duck meat is fatter than other meats and has a flavor that fills the whole palate. Citrus dampens and balances the flavors.
We end the dinner with desserts
Obviously we taste:
- Orange cheesecake;
- Pasticciotto cake.
As you know, the choice of cheesecake is a must to search for the best one you have tried.
In this case, a slice of cake covered with orange jelly is served. Good, but still not perfect!
The Pasticciotto cake instead comes from the tradition of Salento obviously and consists of the cake version of the famous pasticciotti.
They are simple sweets composed of a casket of shortcrust pastry inside which the custard is put and sometimes also flavored with black cherries.
Coffee and Bill
Obviously, coffee cannot be missed and we enjoy listening to live jazz music.
Having taken advantage of the 20% The Fork discount, we spent on average 25 euros per person for each of the evenings where we ate at the restaurant.
Without The Fork discount the average for this restaurant is between 30 and 45 euros for a three course dinner.
The show is always included!
How to get to the Enoha Restaurant
On very busy evenings if it is not possible to park your car just outside the restaurant there is a parking area in via Sirtori which is a two minute walk away.
Enoha Restaurant, Como
Restaurant Name: Enoha Restaurant
Price range: €€-€€€
Address: Via Mentana, 2b, 22100 Como CO
Cuisine: Mediterranean cuisine
Telephone: Via Mentana, 2b, 22100 Como CO
One evening in December we went to the Enoha restaurant. The restaurant has taken the place of Cactus Juice, a chain of Mexican restaurants and a true Como institution.
The warm colors of Mexico have given way to completely new management. The spaces are the same but with a completely new dress: elegant furnishings, white marble floors with white tables and tablecloths.
The kitchen focuses on sea fish by offering tasty alternatives including pizza, salads, vegan and vegetarian dishes.
The restaurant is large and also hosts private events. It is suitable for both groups and couples.
The idea of the owners is not only that of the culinary experience, but of making an experience live where art is not only manifested in the dish but also in the shows offered to customers.
We have been there more than once and we have been very satisfied. We are sure you will too!